Friday, November 11, 2022

Two Stokin' It Autumn Festival 11/05/2022 Bakersfield , Ca

 


Don't let the name fool you it wasn't a festival and there wasn' a lot of people because they would have rather gone to Punk In The Punk , but I don't realy care to go to those big overpriced packed festivals . I prefer these small shows (it always feels more fun and relaxing) . Well anyways it was an extremely nice day here in BakersHell and I was running behind and didn't get down to Jerry's Pizza until abour 2:30 and the some vendors were set up . Hold up go back a step there needs to be a BIG THANK YOU to DAVID SLANE and Two Strokin' It for putting this on . You can find Two Strokin' It here Facebook and here Two Strokin' It Shop 


  

I got a pic of Infamous Stiffs table but I forgot to get a shot of Idecline's merch table and they also had a bunch of records for sale , a whole bunch of good records for sale but I had to pass since I didn't have that much cash on me (hell I hardly ever do) but damn they had a whole bunch of records I wish I could have gotten But I did get a shirt from Two Strokin' It .
Well on to the bands who played , first off was DEADSETfrom Bakersfield . I missed their set but for a few songs I heard from outside because I got there around 2:30 , local band but I don't really know who they are seen their name on a few flyers but I don't get out very often so I haven't seen them play yet .                                                                                                                                             Next up was G.A.H.D. (Gross And Human Disgust) , these guys I have seen before and have known most of them for quite a long time now , they play some outright crusty hardcore with anger and hatred . You can find them on Istagram G.A.H.D.       
 



                                     Next up was LATCH KEY KIDS from Huntington Park , straight up punk hardcore who started out in the 80's , and from someone who went to many shows back then they were definetly a band who could have played on many different shows back then . I remember hearing the bands name back then and hell I think I might have seen them , don't know if i actually seen them back then but I'm glad I got to see them play . You can find them on facebook and Instagram


      Now for for a band who's members have been in numerous and influential bands (Verbal Abuse , Rat Pack) from the 80's and who are still rocking it INFAMOUS STIFFS . Another band I have recently heard but had not heard of until this day and some great sounding 77 , early 80's sounding punk which I really enjoyed .  You can find them on facebook and Instagram and Bandcamp

Last up from Ventura, Ca . were IDecline with their 805 influenced hardcore from the 80's . I had along their LP that I had ordered from them a while back to have them sign it and while talking to them I had actually had seen their bands or bands that family members had played in (Irony , Leviticus) or had met them before , one lady with them actually remembers me back from around 86/87 , so that was a trip . You can find them on Facebook , Instagram and Bandcamp  

The videos that i used here are not mine because my recordings sounded absolutely horrible , so credit must be given to SALVATORE BAXTOR for the videos , you can find him on Facebook and on Youtube which he has many videos from concerts he has recorded . I hope he is not upset that I used his videos without permission (if need be I can remove them) . 
                                                               Me , Jazyl Juarez and 2 members of LATCH KEY KIDS 
This was a fun and relaxed day with good people and great bands and David is talking about doing another one next year , well I'm hoping he does and let's see if he can do it bigger , if it's another small event like this that's absolutely great because everyone got to meet a lot more people then what a big event is and it's so much funner at an event like this  

Here's some pics I took and some I took from INFAMOUS STIFFS Facebook page 
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

PUNX SKINS & SINNERS

  So I started a new blog to hopefully be a little cleaner and more organized and to have more active links , not like so many dead links on...