Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Agression



Well this an update on this that I should have done a while back , now 3 of the original members have now passed away MARK HICKEY in 2000 , HENRY KNOWLES in 2002 , and BIG BOB CLARK in 2021 . I'm gonna leave up what I wrote before  .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         The very first punk band i seen at a little bar/club in Oak View , Ca (near Ventura ,Ca if anyone wanted to know) sometime in late 83 early 84 ,  i remember The Invisible Government but forgot who else played (good luck on finding any info on The Invisible Government , i havn't been able to find any info anywhere on them but they were from Ventura) .                      Well I found this flyer but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this one because the flyer I use to have had The Invisible Government on it , but I guess they also had a few other shows there . 

           I was about 14 when I seen Agression play and feeling like an outsider in general , but that night the guys from Agression made me feel welcomed and made me feel invited and ever since that night I felt like I finally belonged somewhere and felt more comfortable being around the punks and skaters , and every chance when I could I would go see them and many other bands play . I listen to so different styles and types of  Punk nowadays  but when it comes down to it , 40 years later it is my favorite style of music that has helped me get thru some serious dark times  

Guess they played the high school i went to in Ojai , Ca  , and heard things didn't go well and someone printed shirts for it . Heard from a few people that were there and seen the shirt but that was before i got into punk . I've seen them so many times in the 80's  along with many of the other Nardcore bands and along seeing them i was introduced to so many other great and incredible and sometimes not so great bands    . I just wished i would have been taking pictures or videos of all the great gigs and bands i seen back then , so if anyone out there has pics from The Skate Palace , Oxnard Community Center , Camarillo  Airport or any other places that the bands played at in the 80's i would love to see them . Enjoy the music , i know i sure did growing up .





1982 - Live @ T-Bird Rollerdome Pico Rivera, Ca 11/20/1982
1983 - Don't Be Mistaken    
1983 - Live @ Roleerworks Chatsworth. Ca 04/02/1983 
1984 - Live @ The Stardust Ballroom Hollywood, Ca  
 1985 - Agression 

1985 - Live @ CBGB's (Bootleg)  
1985 - Live On K.P.C.R. Radio   
1986 - Live At Fender's Ballroom  
 1986 - Live At The Underground  
1987 - Live @ The Skate Palace July 1987   
1987 - Live @ Fender's Ballroom  
1990 - Best Of Agression  
1996 - Nowhere To Run (LIve)   
2003 - Full Circle  
2005 - Locals Only Dick!  
2006 - Grind Kings  
Mark Hickey Lives










A big thank you to Trust Records for re releasing  Don't Be Mistaken , and it is so much like the original pressing from B.Y.O. Records and the booklet included with it was amazing , it was released in a few different colored vinyl . Gold very very limited , Silver Strand Silver limited to 250 , Big Bob Blue limited to 750 (which is the one I got) and in Discogs.com there is a Clear Blue Cloud Vinyl limited to 1000 and black vinyl . 
SILVER STRAND SILVER  
BIG BOB BLUE 



































The S.S.L. record was released by It's Alive Records  in 2020 , limited edition hand numbered copies of 300 pink vinyl of demo/live and studio recordings . I don't remember what numbered copy I have off hand and I can't go check because my grand daughter is sleeping in the bedroom where my records are at but it was in the low teens I'm pretty sure mine was numbered .








                                                                                                                                                                                                            Here's some pictures and the flyers I got from metallipromo.com (that has a bunch of flyers and he is always looking to add more flyers , ticket stubs , etc) 













































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

PUNX SKINS & SINNERS

  So I started a new blog to hopefully be a little cleaner and more organized and to have more active links , not like so many dead links on...