Monday, April 24, 2023

UNFORGIVEN S.C. presents HEDONISM concert 04/23/2023



Friday night I headed downtown for a concert for a kickoff to HEDONISM SCOOTER RALLY presented by UNFORGIVEN S.C.    


                                         



Well I had already started the night with a big fuck up , I was thinking Narducci's was downtown but nope it actually was a bit away so I started walking , I got about 3 blocks away when my friend Keri drives up and gives me a ride to the place . (last time I was there was 6 years ago to see WKSJ , and I don't drink so I don't go to bars) , we got there are there was just a few people hanging out and just a few scooters  



Don't remember what time the bands started playing but it was around 8pm and PUMPFAKE was on first with a style that ranged from starting off with some sludgy crust into some down tuned east coast style hardcore with some SLAYER riffs thrown here and there and ending their set with a song for the B.P.D . These youngsters had their shit together with a very tight sound and they have only played a very small handful of shows so far . Hoping on seeing these kids go far and hope they record something soon , they are intense and for the opening band they fucking kicked it off HARD .  
You can find them at https://www.instagram.com/pumpfakehc/
















 

Up next were IRON SIGHT with there sludgy crusty hardcore sound , I've seen them a few times and each time they have gotten tighter and harder , don't know what it is about Bako but it breeds some killer ass bands then just Korn . IRON SIGHT are intense and brutal in their sound but then you see the bassist in his dress and wig but killing it on the bass . This is another band I hope to see go far . 
You can them here https://www.instagram.com/iron_s19ht/   



























Up next were the crusty hardcore unit of G.A.H.D. (GREED AND HUMAN DISGUST) tight as fuck and it seems like they have polished their sound of brutality and destruction on the baked streets of BakersHell , reminding me very much of Portland's DETESTATION and this is another local band I expect to see go somewhere .                                                                                                   
You can find them here https://www.instagram.com/gahdxix/  





































Up last and who everyone was waiting for straight out off Long Beach was the DRY SOCKETS with their Streetpunk Oi! sound , they've been around for a little bit and have played with bands like Madball , Dr. Know , Stalag 13 , Lion's Law , Negative Approach . These guys never disappoint and the crowd goes nuts  especially when they play '' 19 STREET '' in the singers hometown of Bakersfield , 19 STREET is where the punks and skins have hung out at for a long time and pretty much a true story on almost any given day . Another song that they do that means so much here is for a friend and brother who has left us '' BIG RICH '' , then there is always their cover of THE BUSINESS '' REAL ENEMY '' to end the night .   
you can find them here https://www.facebook.com/drysockets and here https://www.instagram.com/drysockets/ 





























































This was an absolutely great night with good people and some great bands , some of the people ther I have not seen for years and was great to see them . This was just a kickoff to the HEDONISM  SCOOTER RALLY which I wasn't able to attend , but I have a few times in the past and always had a great time . So to the people who went I hope you all had an absolute blast . So thank you to the UNFORGIVEN S.C. for putting this on and for PABLO and 661 ALL INCLUSIVE ENTERTAINMENT for providing the sound for all this , you all busted your asses on this and made it an exceptional night for all . https://www.instagram.com/unforgiven_sc/         https://www.instagram.com/661allinclusiveentertainment/
Here's a few more pictures from the night and as usual I stole a whole bunch of pictures from my good friend KERI BRYSON who always captures some great pictures .  













































































I'm tired and dealing with some sever stress and depression for these last few days so it has taken longer then I wanted to finish this and I almost didn't but I'm not a quitter and I'll fight through this as I do on a daily basis . So thank you all in making this night such an enjoyable one with new friends and old , and to PUMPFAKE , IRON SIGHT , G.A.H.D. and DRY SOCKETS you all fucking killed it that night . 



























   


























3 comments:

  1. Fantastic article Allen! It was a great night, that’s for certain. It was great seeing you out and about as well! I’m hoping to do this every couple months, with touring bands looking for a place to play in between LA and SF. My hats off to the bands. They ripped it up! Couldn’t have made it happen without the help of Pablo at 661allinclusiveentertainment. Thank you to Adam and the boys from Dry Sockets for driving 3+ hours from Long Beach to support UnforgivenSC, Mario and GAHD for being so supportive, Iron Sight for playing a ripper of a set, and Pumpfake for showing this old man that the youngsters have what it takes to carry the torch! Thanks for the write up, Allen! We’ll see you at the next one! -Kevo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Paul from Zero Boys here. I don’t see how to contact you so I'm leaving a comment here. Please get in touch with me about the Zero Boys stuff you have posted from the Barn show with the Dead Kennedys in 1982. We would like to release that stuff as a bonus 7-inch inside the "History of" 40 year release. Do you know who has the tape? Thanks - Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. pcmahern@iu.edu

    ReplyDelete

PUNX SKINS & SINNERS

  So I started a new blog to hopefully be a little cleaner and more organized and to have more active links , not like so many dead links on...