Thursday, January 26, 2023

Taco Punx Presents Punks & Junk Flea Market at the Rök House Brewing Co.







Sunday morning my friend Keri contacted and and asked if I would like to go to Upland for the Punks And Junk Flea Market where our friend David Slaine of Two Strokin It would have a booth set up and a band from Bakersfield With Liberty had been invited to play . We left Bakersfield around 10:30 and headed down to So. Cal and arrived in Upland around 12:30 , all the booths were set up and there were a good bunch of people also already there , after my friends had there smoke break we walked around and found our Bako brethern . I walked around checking out the different booths and found a bunch of different items I would have like to have bought but I had brought very little money  (well I'm a broke ass dealing with multiple Dr's and still fighting for Disability) .                                                           
  First up to play was VENOM MACHINE who were pretty damn good , they hard that 80's So Cal Hardcore sound but to me their sound had a hint of the 80's U.K. hardcore as of such bands as Sacrilege . I'm not saying it's a bad thing and it's just a little bit in their sound and Sacrilege was/is a bad ass band . Don't know if they have any recordings but I hope to hear more from them .  













                                   https://www.instagram.com/venom_machine/                                                                                                                                                                                 Up next from BakersHell , ummm I mean Bakersfields were the M&M boys WITH LIBERTY . They are always a blast to see live , the energy , the running commentary inbetween songs you almost don't know what to expect from  and they had their friend Cheyenne sing a song with them . I guess you could call them Fun Punx . 
     



                                               About the 2:40 mark is when Cheyenne sings with them    





















://www.facebook.com/WithLibertyBand   https://www.instagram.com/withlibertyband/                                                              https://withlibertyband.bandcamp.com/                                                                             Next up were Animals And Children with their melodic hardcore , never heard of them before but to me they would fit in with perfectly with the 80's and 90's So Cal peace punk bands , great band and they covered the Descendents " Hope" . 










https://www.facebook.com/AnimalsAndChildrenPunk 
I had heard of the last band but this was the first time I had actually seen them , straight out from Pomona was BARRIO SLAM and from the crowd gathered you could tell they were the favorite with some straight up hardcore . The singer Victor is behind Mosh For Youth a fundraiser to bring scholarship money for students of East L.A. and Pomona and one thing I didn't know is that he is also a high scool teacher in East L.A. 
Don't ask , I have no clue why the video is sideways . Just turn your head and it'll look normal 
                                    







https://barrioslam.bandcamp.com/     https://www.instagram.com/barrioslamhc/  

Overall this was absolutely great , relax atmosphere , a variety of people , great vendors (just wish I had more money) excellent bands and hella great food . along with all the people I met that day and had talked too who all were polite and respectful and not the dirty scummy violent drug freaks that society thinks that most punk rockers are like . Wish we had more like this event (I know there are others but I don't get out very much at all)
 They have been doing (Taco Punx) this for a while now and have are planning in doing more events coming and hopefully I'll be able to make it back to some more of them . Mad props to them and all the work they do and everyone involved in organizing this and the other events                                                                                                              
                             Group picture of all the vendors






























































































































     

























No comments:

Post a Comment

PUNX SKINS & SINNERS

  So I started a new blog to hopefully be a little cleaner and more organized and to have more active links , not like so many dead links on...